Maybe it’s just me, but as soon as the weather warms up and the sun hits a certain angle that seems to make ALL the windows in my house scream WASH ME! I feel the need to deep clean and declutter EVERYTHING in my house. Spring is a great time to Spring Clean your Dubsado account and do some serious decluttering.
When is the last time that you took a good hard look at your Dubsdado account? Do you have anything like this in there?
- Old schedulers you no longer use.
- Old forms from past versions of your business/branding.
- Several contracts that are labeled new contract or worse yet Contract for (insert client name here).
- Clients that you haven’t worked with in months that are still active.
- Packages that you aren’t using anymore or from services that you no longer offer.
- Canned emails that no longer reflect your business practices or brand voice.
If any of those sound familiar, it’s a good idea to set aside some time to Spring Clean your Dubsado account.
Why is it a Good Idea to Give Your Dubsado Account a Once Over?
No system is maintenance-free. You need to check up on them regularly and it’s a great idea to go in and give them a good “Spring Cleaning” at least once a year. (If not more often.) It’s amazing how much your business can change in even a few months.
Before you know it, your Dubsado dashboard can look like a messy kids bedroom. You can spend a lot of time digging through all the trash on the floor to find the one thing that you were looking for when you walked in.
Decluttering and Organizing Can Save You So Much Time!
You can save yourself a lot of time hunting through old forms, questionnaires, canned emails, inactive projects, etc. Not to mention you can find opportunities to streamline your workflows, update your branding, and improve your client experience. Once you’ve finished this, you’ll be AMAZED how much easier it is to find everything.
Here are the Steps to Clean and Declutter Your Dubsado Account
- Take a look at your contracts. Do they reflect your current branding? Are there any old contracts that are no longer in use? Trash em! (Don’t worry about deleting contracts that are applied to clients. There’s a copy in their record.) Give your contract terms a once over and refamiliarize yourself with the terms. (Make any updates that need to happen Ex. removing or updating Covid-19 waivers. Now is a great time to review your contract with your lawyer.
- Review your forms. Trash anything that is no longer in use. Update the branding if needed. Give them a refresh if needed. Look for opportunities to change your questions to improve your Discovery calls. Make sure to check over all of the advanced settings and ensure that fields that should be linked actually ARE linked to the correct fields.
- Check over ALLLLLL of your canned emails. Give all of your canned emails a once over. Do you need to change anything or add anything? Make sure to check the hidden system emails as well. Those are often missed.
- Go over your packages and chuck anything that you aren’t using anymore. This includes the special package you made for your Aunt and the packages from three pivots ago… update the bullets as well.
- Review your payment plans. Check over your payment plans. Get rid of old ones. Set up a new one if you need it. Make sure to add payment plan reminders too. Need help setting up payment plans? Check out this article.
- Review your projects tab. Archive old projects that are no longer active. Add in or change up your statuses to reflect the way you do business. Also, add in tags to help you keep track of services that clients have purchased.
- Update your chart of account income and expense categories. While you’re at it, update your project sources so you can keep better tabs on where allllll of your projects are coming from.
- Check your dashboard to see if there are any contracts that need signing or any past-due invoices that you need to chase down. Also, check to see if any workflows require attention.
- Check your workflows. Get rid of any that are no longer in use. Review each one and look for opportunities to streamline your processes. I love to add in steps to automatically move projects to different statuses when they reach certain milestones. (Ex. move them to active client status when a contract is signed or archive the project the day after the project end date. Automatic organization steps in your workflows is like a Roomba for your Dubsado account. It helps to keep everything neat and tidy. While you are at it, check the workflow overview to see if any projects are paused or need attention.
That’s All You Need to Do to Spring Clean Your Dubsado
Whew! You did it. You gave your Dubsdao account a Spring Cleaning! Next time you go into the backend of your Dubsado account, you’ll notice how much easier it is to send a canned email or find projects that you are ACTUALLY working on. Give yourself a hand and pour yourself a nice cold drink. You definitely earned it!
Would You Like Help Spring Cleaning Your Dubsado Account?
I offer three different options for your Dubsado Setup. They are Done for You, Done with You, and my Dubsado Strategy Session, which is more of a DIY option. Keep reading to hear more.
Done for You Dubsado Set up Services
I offer Done For You Dubsado Set up Services. We’ll meet to chat about your business and design your dream workflows. Then I’ll go away and set up EVERYTHING for you. When I’m done, you’ll have an amazing system that saves you 8-10 hours a week. Not only that, but you’ll have 30 days of offboarding support and guided training in your new system.
Done with You Dubsado setup
We’ll meet initially to design your Dubsado workflows just like in my Done for You Service. Then we’ll follow the same process that I use in my DFY program, the only difference is, you’ll tackle each weeks homework yourself. I’ll check everything over and answer any questions that you might have on our weekly calls. When you’re done, your Dubsado account will be completely set up AND you’ll have a really good understanding of how to use it. Learn more about it here.
Dubsado Strategy Session
If you’d rather DIY your Dubsado, I have a Dubsado Strategy Session where you tell me how you’d like your client processes to work and I’ll translate them into Dubsado workflows. Then I’ll give you a checklist of everything you need to create for those workflows and an implementation guide to walk you step by step through the setup process.
+ view comments . . .